Friday, July 20, 2007

Carrie lost her place


I've had Sirius radio since Christmas (thanks Rob) and I couldnt be happier. My taste in music has always relied on variety, so I flick from Sirius Love to the Coffee House to New Country to Blue Collar Comedy (among others) almost daily! It has made a HUGE difference in my state of mind when driving.

With this wonderful little piece of technology, I'm not flicking to avoid endless commercials anymore (dont even get my started on TV commercials - where's the MUTE button?) ...I am actually looking for a song i might enjoy listening to and almost always find it! How about that? It's a bloody miracle! It took me about 3 months to realize I could put artists into a Favorites List and have the radio alert me when one of their songs are on. (I dont read directions sometimes.... its one of small downfalls.) Anyway, this is one of THE greatest features EVER...until now...

Ms. Carrie Underwood - beautiful, talented, sweet, young vocalist - made her way to my "Favorites List" a few months ago after she won my heart on American Idol. She's got a strong, controlled voice behind a sweet, innocent face. I loved her rendition of Independence Day. But about 3 weeks ago she released a song called "Before He Cheats". Great song. Fun. Interesting. Thought provoking. You name it. And the first few times I heard it, I willingly switched to the highlighted station and sang along.

But like most new releases, Carrie's new song was continually played... over ...and over... and over again.... killed... beaten to death.... This is the case with ANY successful new song because each jockey feels the need to play it atleast twice before they leave the studio at the end of their shift. Usually, after a couple of weeks, the endless repetition dies down and they go back to playing all the songs from the new artist. Is it just me or am I the only one who loses her mind when this sort of thing goes on? UGH!

Well...for some reason... it hasnt died down. And today... like a teenager choosing a new best friend .... Miss Carrie has lost her place on my Favorites List.

4 comments:

Luna said...

I've got Sirius too-and I wouldn't EVER get rid of it.

Ahhh, you're a music tramp, me too. I have very short, intense love affairs with musicians and certain songs. I'll play the life right out of them and throw them away.

I'm such a user.

Natasha Beccaria said...

I am the same way...but i guess my tolerance for over-playing music is much lower than most.

j-m said...

Me too...but I do love that song...on so many levels!

Natasha Beccaria said...

I used to love that song... but now i hate it on so many different levels.