Monday, August 13, 2007

week 5


I don't want to bore you with details, but today i am celebrating 5 weeks SMOKE FREE.

Rob expressed his complete joy in the fact that I had two Mike's hard lemonades at the Ducks game last night and didnt complain once about not being able to smoke. I could hear it in his voice, how happy he was that i quit. I leaned over and whispered in his ear, "I did it for us". And of course that is true... but first and foremost, as it should be, I did it for me and my health... so that i could have children and watch them grow and ride bikes with them...

Damn this is getting sappy... you get the jist here!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Damon Peter Rallis said...

Congrats on 5 weeks without "the crutch." I have tried to quit numerous times to no avail... one day I'll kick it!

Natasha Beccaria said...

Thanks Six!

Funny... i even found myself repulsed by the smell yesterday when his dad lit up in the car.

I'm not sure i could give any advice about how to quit because i truly believe it was something inside me that did a switch.

I miss it... dont get me wrong... but my desire to NOT smoke is stronger. Its a very strange thing.

Luna said...

Keep it up, sister. I think you hit the nail on the head here, because you clearly WANT to not smoke.

Some of us can say we want to quit till we're blue in the face, but, the truth is, we don't really wanna.....

Sometimes I just say it because I'm supposed to....

j-m said...

I quit a long time ago, but I still miss it. Especially in certain situations.

Natasha Beccaria said...

Luna - that's one thing i never lied about. I never admitted to wanting to stop.. only that i SHOULD but just didnt want to. In the back of my mind I hoped that they would secretly find a "healthy" cigarette! LOL. I LOVED smoking....it was "MY" time.