Friday, August 31, 2007

I saw you last night


I saw you last night
well..it wasn't YOU
But he had your crystal blue eyes
And your high brow
The way you look without your glasses
Before you didn't need them anymore
Your eyes slightly tired and sunken in
I knew it wasnt you, though -
He had a full head of hair
And he was shorter than you
Yet my eyes were drawn in his direction
I couldn't believe it
How i seem to know your facial features by heart
And how my mind could play tricks on me
Making my heart beat faster and faster
I tried not to let it show
I didn't want "him" to see
How the sight of you could still make me weak
But our lives are so changed now
So different
You hurt me...bad
You betrayed my trust and my love
But that was so "back-then"
And this is now
"He" is my life, my love, my 'whatever'
He sings my heart song now
(though he cannot carry a tune)
But, by some crazy power of the universe
You'll always have a tiny piece of my heart

7 comments:

j-m said...

Hey Natasha,
This is beautifully written. It brought back memories of a few scary moments I've had like that, too. Scent, sound, glimpses are all triggers that can bring you completely back into another time and place. It's amazing, actually.

Natasha Beccaria said...

it freaked me out and i dont know if i will ever go into that store again LOL

j-m said...

Oh, yeah...I know that feeling!

TM said...

Oh honey. Been there, done that! But, you know, it actually does retreat after time...for me it was years, but it does diminish GREATLY. It seems impossible now, but I promise you it will. :)

Luna said...

THAT, my dear, was fantastic--and anyone with a heart can relate. Sounds like it took your breath away.....which is not necessarily a bad thing, in and of itself.

Natasha Beccaria said...

He was like that bad boy I shouldn't ever have.... but at the same time, he was like my best friend.

I miss the friend part more than anything, but i wasn't very good at separating it and he was horrible at giving anything substantial.

Such is life! :)

Natasha Beccaria said...

ANd TM it has diminished significantly...... i wouldnt consider going back to him even if he begged on his hands and knees... but it would certainly pull at some major heart strings if he did that.