Monday, August 13, 2007

the Potter drama


A couple of weeks ago, a few of us went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. We met at the theatre, purchased our tickets, grabbed some popcorn and plopped our butts down in our seats. The crowds could have been alot worse had we gone the week before, when the movie was released, but we decided to wait so it was a more pleasureable experience for all of us.

The lights went dim.

10 minutes of previews and, atlast, the movie began.

Not long into the movie, I became confused. Harry looks awfully old compared to the last movie. Hmmm... I pushed through my digressions and tried to concentrate on the plot.

The plot.... hmm... this plot and some of these characters arent looking too familiar either(aside from Hermoine, Ron, Hagrid, Dumbledore and a few others).

Finally, I conceded and leaned over to Rob.

"um.. looks like i missed the second movie"

Through a short snicker he said..."honey... this is #5"

Feeling rather foolish, i sarcastically spat back at him. "Well then it looks like I missed quite a bit of information".

Rob found this quite amusing.

I found it quite odd. But honestly, it was only through massive publicity that I followed the movies or the books at all. Not really sure why. I guess I could contribute it to some major changes in my life and the fact that, until those changes were made, I was unhappy and unable to find enjoyment in just about anything.

SO after I-dont-know-how-many-years, I have decided to give this Harry Potter thing a try. I am about a 1/3 of the way through the first book. It's quite good, not that i needed to tell any of you "Harry-Potter-freaks"!!

I did end up catching up on all the movies and I must say "The Goblet of Fire" is my favorite, thus far.

spoiler footnote: I have purposely avoided any spoilers... just so you guys know.

No comments: