Friday, April 27, 2007

woman vs. woman

Why are women so unbelievably critical, catty, evil, and belittling towards other women?

It blows my mind how we turn on eachother, as if we are competing for some sort of "queen bee" trophy, instead of joining together and supporting one another.

Sure, in times of crisis we put our best foot forward, but what about those days when life is lacking crisis? Do we feel the need to have some sort of negativity in our life and belittle others in order to make ourselves feel better? Do we crave drama so much that its become part of our genentic make up?

All I know is that I have grown out of that time in my life when my curiosity is stronger than my need for inner peace!

3 comments:

Luna said...

Oh sister! You said it.

Could go one here...have never been getting on real well with the fair sex. Never. Don't know what it is, but I'm used to it by now.

The good news is that there are some women that are capable of being good friends. Just keep looking, and when you find one--KEEP HER!!!

Thinkin' you're inspiring a blog post here.

Smile!

Natasha Beccaria said...

I have one... she's been my best friend for about 17 years. But i find just in general i have difficulty being around catty women!

Nan Patience said...

It seems to be a recurring theme amongst our little group of women, this business of catty, competitive, backstabbing gals.

I know that when I encounter this kind of behavior, it appeals to my sense of survival to act in kind. History has shown that I can do this as well as the next girl. However, now that I'm an old lady, I seem to prefer to avoid that type of woman, seek out better women, and try to tell the difference between the two. But I suppose that goes for any gender really.

Girls just tend to be less secure, which is sort of understandable.