Friday, April 13, 2007

Seasons of Healing

Last Winter I was brokenhearted
Torn in two
But I knew life would get better

Last Summer I learned to live again
Life in the fast lane
Yet, not that fast - it’s not my style

Last Fall I traveled the world
I discovered my soul
And found peace in my heart again

Last November we met
By some unknown cosmic force
You stole my heart from the very beginning

Last month we sat in the kitchen, paint brushes in hand
You were nervous
And in your most confident voice you asked me to live with you

Last week I was frustrated
Frustrated with work, family and life
And you listened while I vented about every little thing

The other day I was so embarrassed
We laughed together at my stupidity
But you quickly wrapped your arms around me to tell me it's ok

Yesterday I leaned on you
And you brushed your fingers across my cheek
Your smile was warm and genuine

Last night I whispered that I loved you
You held me so close
And you whispered back, “I believe I love you too”



No comments: