Monday, February 26, 2007

Love

Love is patient,
Love is kind,
It does not envy, it does not boast,
It is not proud,
It is not rude,
It is not self-seeking,
It is not easily angered,
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil,but rejoices with the truth.
Love always protects, always trusts,always hopes, always perseveres.
Love bears all things, believes all things,hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends.
L o v e N e v e r F a i l s.
Corinthians 13 : 4 - 8

What is love? This the question I pose to myself and all of you this week. I find myself wondering if I am infact in love and it scares me to death.

What is love to you?

6 comments:

Nan Patience said...

Thanks for that! That passage tells me that love is an ideal, worth striving for, for sure. But almost impossible to reach unless you're a saint hiding away in the hills.

Luna said...

Let's debate being "in love" as opposed to "love" in and of itself shall we? Because they are different. And not to steal away thunder, but one can morph into the other.

Natasha, sweetie, if you weren't in love, you wouldn't be questioning it. If you're scared, that's usually a pretty good sign. You pretty much know when you're not. Hard to put into words.That's how you know.

And if you understood that-you got it-you're in love. Because it makes no sense at all. Ever.

K?

TM said...

There's loving, and there's being in love. Luna's right...they are different and they can evolve. I think she's also right - if you're scared and unsure...you probably are in love. We usually know if we aren't. But I think it's better to try not to think about it too much, if that's at all possible. We often overthink things when we should really just "be."

Natasha Beccaria said...

Thank you for your answers. I am trying to just "be" and not worry about the rest, but its hard. And i really do think I love him and I think he loves me too. We mesh so well together... like cheese and wine....we're a team.... we're friends...we have such a great time together.... we're great lovers...

yaay for love.

Nan Patience said...

just remember, it's okay to love your cell phone, but it's not okay to LOVE your cell phone.

Luna said...

I hate my cell phone, is that ok too? Cause I'm starting to feel like a freak................I think I need a support group-I just can't come around.