Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Desperately seeking ... ME!



HELP!

Im in search of …. ME!

Somewhere out there is the woman I have grown to love in the last few years. She’s been taken hostage by an alien life form inside her. This life form that has basically taken control of every aspect of her life... Eating, sleeping, and even peeing! She’s also taken the liberty of being overly critical, nit picky, a constant backseat driver, and just a plain ole’ bitch ALL the time (mostly about the peeing ALL NIGHT LONG thing).

Her husband is desperately seeking solitude from the nagging...

...the constant nagging...

...the never ending nagging...

....you can see it in his eyes.

The "MY GOD WHAT THE HECK HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU WOMAN" look.

But alas, he holds his tongue, smiles and mumbles "how much longer do we have of this?".

But she cant help it... the alien life form inside her has control over her every thought and action...She can't even drive without getting angry at the slow driver in the left lane or the van three cars ahead changing lanes without even signaling... She hates them ALL I tell ya! Every single darn one of them... And she’s out with a vengeance to tell it like it is!!

So beware... somewhere out there is the REAL me and she WILL return! Someday! Somehow!

Hopefully!

8 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Once the baby comes, you will yet again 'meet' another version of yourself. There are some days that I feel like I have multiple personalities (LOL), I am yelling at my daughter, then smiling at my son and being gentle with him, all within the same minute. My husband often asks me, "How do you do it?"

Damon Peter Rallis said...

Um...

I hate to scare you (or your husband for that matter), but (speaking from experience) SHE (at least not the one on Planet Six) doesn't really go away.

KWIM?

^^

- Six

j-m said...

Ah, yes. How well do I remember. This, too, shall pass. Next comes sleepless nights with round-the-clocks feedings, diaperings, cleaning-up-ings, doctorings...then you actually fall asleep...and wake up because NOTHING woke you up, and that scares you to death...why is the baby so quiet? So you stand there, making sure he's breathing...

Sleep is a wonderful thing. Treasure it while it is still with you.

MamaCole said...

Of course she will return. Just hang in there.

A good friend of mine had her baby on August 13. And let me tell you, her mood was quite fowl during the pregnancy. Now, she's happy as a clam and calm as can be, even though she's sleep deprived!

I, on the other hand, has some serious pregnancy-related depression and anxiety, and it didnt go away immediately after I had my baby (the 3rd one). I had to see someone during the pregancy and after to help me get back to myself.

Natasha Beccaria said...

ok six....I'll bite. Whats KWIM?

I have my good days and bad days...but most are bad. Both work and home are a struggle lately.

Mama - i too have battled depression and anxiety but not in a few years. Ive only had one meltdown in the last 3 years and that was watching that damn movie I am Legend. Poor Rob didnt know what to do, but luckily we were at my girlfriends house and she's seen it before and knew just what to do for me!! It brought back a lot of old feelings that I didnt like and I found myself sitting there thinking "how on earth did i deal with this when i had it EVERY single day"? UGH.

Anyway, I feel the anxiety coming back which i dont like at all. Im hoping it's just hormonal and will end once i have the baby.

Damon Peter Rallis said...

hee hee

acronym for "know what I mean?"

KWIM?

Natasha Beccaria said...

gotcha! LOL

Anonymous said...

SamE!