Sunday, September 28, 2008

General Baby Chat

Someone asked for a belly shot in email the other day.....And while i can appreciate people wanting to see our little squirt growing... you're gonna have to wait a little longer until i am actually showing something other than pre-baby belly fat!

We head back to the doctor for the anatomy ultrasound in two weeks. We'll hopefully know if its a boy or a girl. At that point we'll send out another email with pictures and of course I'll be posting on my blog.

I've been researching daycare and I think we found one that will be just right (the right people, the right price, the right distance).

We started working on the nursery this weekend. Rob added some new lighting and also did some spackling. We're waiting to find out what the baby is before we do any painting etc. But it looks like we're pretty much set with furniture. My friend Christy had an extra crib in her basement which belonged to her brother as well as a changing table and they both closely match the dresser we already have in there.

We've already received little things here and there from family and friends (some new some hand-me-downs)...clothing and diapers and toys etc, but the whole thing didn't sink in until we set up the changing table today. I sat on the bed and went through everything we already had...folded the few pieces of clothes... smelled them (cause they smell like baby powder)... and realized....

HOLY CRAP i'm having a baby!!

Of course the symptoms are still very much around but the nausea is slowly disappearing. My appetite is back and I've gained a few pounds. I really don't want to gain too much weight because I'm already heavy as it is, so i'm starting to walk and trying to eat a little better (trying is the key word here).

These days i'm mostly dealing with headaches and backaches. And the pressure on my bladder is quite uncomfortable. I don't know how people actually choose to do this twice. Seriously! It's not been a positive experience for me.... yet.. i'm thrilled to death ... as is Rob. It's just quite a bit of work (more than i anticipated in the pre-baby experience) just getting through day to day.

We've been getting practice holding and feeding a newborn since my friend Christy had her little one almost 9 weeks ago. Rob is so into it! He always goes to watch when the baby is being changed and doesn't even blink when asked to hold her. In fact he held her through most of our card game last night. He's definitely not going to be one of those days who is afraid to hold their own child. I'm so thrilled for him. He's going to be a great daddy.

It's hard to believe I'm just about half way through this journey.

We cant wait to find out if its a boy or a girl.

2 comments:

Luna said...

Yikes-1/2 way ALREADY? I feel your pain lady, I saw lots of women who spoke of feeling so wonderful and beautiful while pregnant. I was not one of them, either time. I hated it. You are not alone. But it's temporary, and what you get for the pain is so worth it, you may find yourself doing it again. Trust me ;)

Natasha Beccaria said...

Luna - for some reason this comment didnt get sent to me via email so i JUST saw it today. Anyway... im glad im not the only miserable pregnant person on this planet (philisophically speaking on your behalf of course). Doing it again? Im still not so sure, althought I am feeling a lot better these days - just uncomfortable.