Wednesday, August 27, 2008

hi, out there!

We paid another visit to the doctor last night. I have a sonogram printout but it came out really crappy. I'll try to scan it tonight and see what happens.

Anyway, we went in for the results of all my blood work. Everything looks awesome. No signs of infection, my sugar was great, and the genetic tests they did claimed i was low risk. Outstanding news all around.

The doctor pulled out one of his little gadgets and promptly stuck it on my belly.

and suddenly.....a heartbeat... pounding loud and clear... bahdum bahdum bahdum bahdum... like a horse galloping across the field...very very very cool!

The sonograms never cease to amaze me. Each time the baby more than doubles in size (now 3 inches long) and i always seem to shed a tear or two when i see my little one wiggling around inside me, especially since i cant quite feel anything yet. It's the most awesome emotional feeling in the world. The coolest part was watching my baby wiggle his/her little fingers... like he/she was waving to us from inside!

"Hi mom and dad! I cant wait to meet you! but dont get to comfortable...im coming out with an agenda to keep you up all night and cry at every opportune moment and basically torture you for the rest of your life".

My response?

"That's ok little one. We'll love you every day, for the rest of our lives, no matter what!"

5 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

He or she may not cry at all. The baby may also sleep at night. My daughter was the crier and was up every night and day always hungry, my son was quiet and slept. He woke quietly, ate, pooped, went back to sleep. You never know. And it is all worth it. :-)) definitely.

How are you feeling? The morning sickness pass yet?

j-m said...

Awwww! This is such a cute post! I love it! I'm so happy for you.

Natasha Beccaria said...

im feeling better...got a little bit of energy back which is nice. i dont feel like a lump on a log. The nausea is pretty much drifting away... however.. now certain things set me off - like brushing my teeth or blowing my nose. OY! Almost puked a few times this week so far. Or if i eat too much too fast..

j-m said...

I remember that! Brushing my teeth would always get me started...then, of course, I'd have to brush my teeth again when I was finished...
Endless cycle.

Natasha Beccaria said...

some mornings i just cant do it... I go to the bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror saying "you can do this!" but then i wimp out. endless cycle is right! LOL