Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today.....is a good day

I woke this morning feeling wonderful. It's my day off and so far I am nausea free - a big deal for me! I had a huge bowl of corn flakes. I don't think they ever tasted that good before! YUM!

The other good news is I can now make it through a full 8 hour work day and not feel like someone beat the crap out of me or I had been up all night running a marathon. Even when i got home yesterday I didn't crash on the couch and sleep for an hour.

Both of these things are huge improvements from last week and the week before. I'm grateful for at least a little relief, thats for sure. I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end. My first trimester will be over in 2-3 weeks and they say all this miserable stuff goes with it! I might actually have that pregnancy "glow" by then, because goodness knows it hasn't been there yet!

Christy and baby are home as of yesterday mid-day. I offered my services as a photographer to do baby's first portrait. I've learned a lot by watching my cousin and how she poses the newborns and such. I cant wait to try some out myself. Big brother Luke is doing well. Mom says he's quite content with his new train toy he got when baby came home yesterday. Everyone has to feel loved and special and we're all making an extra effort to give him that!

House cleaning must occur in the next week at my house. We have guests coming to stay with us for our annual family reunion. There will be about 60 people in attendance and 8 1/2 of them are staying with Rob and me! It's going to be crazy! I cant wait to see everyone and it's so awesome that we all make this effort once a year to get together and pay hommage to our family! It's so important to spend time with the ones we love and the ones who love us. Time is the most precious gift we can give and receive. Dont you think?

7 comments:

Nan Patience said...

Yep. Or cash.

Natasha Beccaria said...

hey!!

meliss said...

Yay!! I can't wait to see the newborn pictures you get of the baby!! Do them soon while she is still sleepy, at 10 days old, they sometimes just WAKE up and forget to sleep anymore.

I can't wait to see you for the reunion! It will be fun!

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Morning sickness can be terrible because you never know when it's gonna hit. But it is all worth it :-)

Natasha Beccaria said...

Meliss...we're going over on Sunday...she'll only be 6 days old.

Anon.. it wasnt that it hit me out of nowhere... i have actually been constantly sick for the last few weeks. Like a really bad hangover... all day... every day... its made me quite grouchy. And youre right...it is all worth it.

Things are looking up..the last two days havent been too bad.

j-m said...

Enjoy all of this...the preparing and dreaming...and SLEEPING! As crappy as you may be feeling, once the baby's here, sleep goes out the window. (I'll letcha know when it finally returns...I haven't found it yet!)

Natasha Beccaria said...

Im not really getting much sleep right now JM. Seriously. I suffer from insomnia quite frequently so the no sleep thing is pretty normal for me. I do eventually crash and Im sure I'll have enough support to help me out during those times.