Tuesday, July 29, 2008

someone new in my life


Last night, my best friend gave birth to her second child.... a girl.. a beautiful little girl. It was a long labor but Christy is tough in spirit and mind! She's had a rough 9 months but persevered for her daughter's sake.

This morning, on my way to work, i recieved a text message from Christy.

"I am so in love with my little girl"

I began to cry, being the hormonal crazed pregnant woman that I am these days. I put myself in her place... with Rob at my side and both of us crying tears of joy at our new arrival several months down the road.

I have been struggling quite a bit with morning sickness lately and Im just so damn tired all the time. And so I was avoiding my blog like the plague. No one wants to hear a pregnant lady bitch and moan over and over again about how bad she feels, when in fact she should just shut up and be happy that she's having a baby at all.

But this news of little Mikaela's arrival has given me a new surge of hope and energy and a not so distant end to all this horrible icky "hang over" type feeling I have ALL the time.

6 comments:

meliss said...

Awww... Congratulations to Christy and her family! She's precious!
Sorry the morning sickness is still plaguing you. Hopefully within the next month it will be a thing of the past and you can start really enjoying this pregnancy! ;)

Natasha Beccaria said...

i hope so...

We're going to see Mikaela tonight. I'll have more pictures later.

MamaCole said...

I hope you start to feel better soon. I think morning sickness is a good sign, though. How far along are you? (Forgive me, but I can't quite figure it out from your babystrology thingy in your sidebar).

Natasha Beccaria said...

Mama- I'm 9 and a half weeks.

MamaCole said...

Oh yeah - you'll be feeling that until about 12 weeks. I remember how much it sucks, but it is definitely worth it.

Nan Patience said...

I was in love with my baby girl, too. Still am! I cried tears of joy for weeks after she was born. She was my firstborn, and I couldn't get over how much love it was possible to feel.

Hang in there, girl, and you can bitch and moan about your pregnancy as much as you want as far as I'm concerned! It's understood that you're blessed to be pregnant.

There are a lot of blogs out there of women going through this period, and you might want to find some. There's nothing like support and understanding.