Monday, April 07, 2008

Rumors

I know. You're wondering! Hmmm... Is she? Well...

Apparently the baby bug has been biting an awful lot of people lately. Here's the list:

1. My friend Christy - Christy has been my friend for almost 20 years now. She has a 3 year old boy Luke who I frequently write about. She is expecting #2 (a girl) in July. She'll be 7 months pregnant at my wedding LOL.

2. My cousin Melissa - this is #3 for her, and if she's really luckly, it will be #3 girl! LOL.

3. My cousin Kris - His wife Rachel is a few weeks along now and although Kris is nervous, he's also excited.

3. I also just heard my ex-husband's wife is pregnant.


Does anyone else want to add themselves to my list? There must be something in the air...

Now i know you are all wondering.... Am i pregnant?

Well....

NO. I'm not. But i want to be. And in fact Rob and I have been "practicing" for a few months now with absolutely no success. I have some issues with my ovaries that weren't really an issue until I decided to go off my birth control.

I know it may seem so immoral doing it "before" the wedding but in our hearts, we are already married. We pledged our life together the day he proposed and I accepted. Don't you wish it were that simple with every life-changing event? I do!

With that said, I visited with my doctor and he has made some good recommendations, including taking a medicine called Clomid. We'll see what happens. It may not happen at all, but i feel like we have to give it a try before moving on to other options.

4 comments:

MamaCole said...

I think you should relax and take your time. Did the doc mention you have a high chance of conceiving twins on Clomid? Are you ready for two at once??

My best friend, of almost 25 years, is pregnant with her first! Almost 42 years old! I'm so happy and excited for her. Also, one of my first cousins' daughter. She's about 26! What a range!

Good luck, with whatever you do.

Natasha Beccaria said...

I actually have done my research. The chance of twins is 5% or less and triplets very very rare. So i'm not worried about that. Even so.... twins isnt the end of the world. I'd be done if I had twins.... sew those puppies up LOL.

I probably should have gone into more detail about my ovaries. You see, they arent working .... at all. I was diagnosed with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) about 10 years ago so i knew i was in for a rough road once i was ready to have kids. Well sure enough...... I went off my birth control about 6 months ago to see what would happen. NADA. The doctors had to give me medicine to force my cycle into action but then the following month..... same thing. I was so irregular and moody too LOL. So now we are at the part where we are being more agressive. It's not like we decided to go this route over night. It's been a long time coming. I've been doing my research on PCOS for a while now.

When you know you don't stand a chance going it alone, its good to have doctors that can point you in the right direction.

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Natasha, we should talk. I went through the same thing. I got married at 24 and was already on birth control. I went on birth control at 14 because I would get my period only 2 times a year. When I got married I came off the pills and the doctor said that I would never get pregnant because I am not ovulating (I also have PCOD). I went back to not getting my period for 6 months at a time. So I waited over a year and then she prescribed me Clomid, but I never used it because the month after, I found out that I was pregnant.
After my daughter was born, I had normal monthly cycles for 2 1/2 yrs and I was so in-tune with my body. I knew when I was ovulating and when I wanted a second baby, I got pregnant on the second try. Now my cycles are messed up again, but I still know and understand my body. Losing weight and exercising the last 6 months has helped so much with the pain and the cycles.
I would give it a full year of trying and being off the pill before trying the clomid (unless it has been a year?), try to see if you can listen to your body and figure out when you ovulate, even if it is twice a year, listen closely.

And good luck. Remember it should be a lot of fun trying and it shouldn't be stressful! Email me if you want, ok?

And I apologize if this was too much info for any of you!! :-)

Natasha Beccaria said...

The problem with letting my cycle try and work things out by itself is that i go absolutely crazy with PMS and NOONE is happy. So i cant just sit by and watch - I really
need to be pro-active about it.

Thanks for your info. I've been hearing stories just like yours for the last couple of weeks so I am hopeful that this will actually happen. I've also heard crazy clomid success stories. I want to see what happens in the next week or so. If i'm successful then...woohoo.. if not... maybe next month! We'll see.