Tuesday, April 29, 2008

my gramma is better than your gramma

Ok, so i am biased. I can't help it.

Grandma's been in Maryland the last week or so staying with her two daughters down there. Her alzheimer's has taken been a challenge for everyone and so to give Grandpa (and the rest of us) a much needed break, she went to visit family down there.

Luckily though her two great-grandchildren live there and so her days were filled with fun an exciting activities with the girls.

On Saturday, Grandpa and I headed down there for the weekend to pick up Grandma. I was grateful for the time i go to spend with everyone, eventhough I will see them all again in 2 weeks and 4 days. (YES its that close!)

I love watching grandma play with her great-grandchildren because it reminds me of my childhood with her. I was blessed to live so close to her, and so we spent lots of time together hiking in the woods, baking bread etc. So watching her snuggle with my cousin's little girls made my heart melt and i couldnt help but snap a few dozen shots with my camera. Watching their interactions is priceless.






On a less happier note, I'm not pregnant. But the good news is my cycle is regular! Maybe next month!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

plus side: Libations can be had on saturday!

Natasha Beccaria said...

right you are!! though I am not much of a drinker. are you coming? Is Mandi coming?

Katrina said...

I'm coming, but Mandi isn't. We're splitting support forces this weekend since the boys are playing at the Coffee Shop the same night.