Wednesday, January 16, 2008

transition and updates

Not much to say about the whole North Fork Parents thing that hasnt already been said on everyone else's blog, but I do want to add that I am sad Nancy will not be posting anymore. Maybe she just needs a break and will come running back into our blogging arms soon enough! 'Tis a waiting game! In the meantime i think I'll embarrass the crap out of her by putting up this picture! ---->



My brain has been like mush lately, which is why i havent posted anything of substance. Imagine PMS for 3 weeks - yeah, pretty bad. You know its really bad when youre sitting playing cards with your friends and you just start crying for no reason at all!! Poor Rob, he's been taking the brunt of it and handling it like a champ! I'm so proud of him! What a guy!

Wedding update
Well, its going! We got all the big stuff out of the way and we really did manage to plan this whole thing without spending a gazillion dollars. I've become cheap in my old age! I absolutely refused to buy a envelop bird cage for $50 when i know some post-bride is out there saying to herself "What the heck am i going to do with this birdcage?". Recycle! Recycle! Recycle!

It makes me sick thinking about all these vendors out there sucking these families dry just cause they can.... UGH. I was going to rent a bus or a limo that day to take us to the park to take pictures... NO WAY! I just want a limo for 2-3 hours to drive about 10 miles away and back and they want to charge me $300-$1000??? I dont think so.

So now we're getting into the nitty gritty crap, like the invitations(printing ourselves), programs (also printing ourselves - which are necessary due to some very old family traditions that require explanation), favors and other little stuff. The invitations came out gorgeous. I am very pleased. Thank god im marrying a graphic artist! LOL.

I have my first fitting for my dress at the end of February(which I think will also be my only fitting), giving me just a few short weeks to lose a few more pounds. HA! Today i completely blew it with a chicken cutlet sandwich, lettuce, tomato, melted cheddar on a hardroll and a small bag of North Fork Potato Chips (the sour cream and onion ones...yum!!).

Sometimes... you have to take a step back to keep moving forward and i totally support that with any diet! Hell it's worked for me. And it probably would still be working today if I hadnt met Rob... LOL...bonehead! Damn men! :) It's a good thing I love him so much!

Birthdays
Speaking of the man... its his birthday tomorrow. I'm so lucky I dont have to think about what to get him. He and I went to have dinner and see Les Miserables in the city on New Years Day. We figured it was a good way to celebrate both our birthdays (mine's Feb 2nd) and to see Les Mis before it disappears (again!).

We had a wonderful time - walked about 30 blocks in total. Ate dinner at Bubba Gumps. Time Square was still bustling with busy shoppers after the party the night before (10...9....8...7....side note: did you see Dick Clark? Someone should just put that guy out of his misery...really!). The streets were mostly cleaned up except for a few straggling pieces of confetti dropping down from the tops of buildings and some police baracades waiting for their pick up.

Anyway, just wanted to jot this down quick during my lunch break. Its time to get back to work, but i may just go home early today and take a nap. Feeling shitty! (HA! Six is right...that was liberating!). lol.

9 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

I am just gonna make a comment on the diet thing... My hubby is supposed to be supporting me and is supposed to talk me out of doing a stupid thing, like eating something naughty. He'll tell me, "oh you are so beautiful and you are working really hard, go ahead, it will probably make you happy." I tell him that he is supposed to be talking me out of doing things like not, not talking me into it!!! Since I have lightened up on my strict eating regimen, I have had a few bad things to eat, but my hubby is right, if it makes you happy and puts a smile on your face, go ahead and enjoy it!!

Natasha Beccaria said...

I know what you mean... but actually Rob is quite hard one me (in a good way). He really tries to help me make wise decisions. But every once in a while... ya know!! It was ironic because he had just texted me on my phone that he was eating a salad for lunch... I of course didnt respond at all HA HA HAHA

meliss said...

Things seem to be coming together for the wedding! I can't wait!!

Hmmm... perpetual ickiness... hormone raging... sounds suspicious. ;)

Nan Patience said...

Hey!

:))

Natasha Beccaria said...

nothing suspicious about Meliss...trust me. Just came from the doctor.

Nan - :P

Luna said...

Know what? I sympathize with you on the wedding thing and being sucked dry. It was VERY hard for me to justify spending the money on my wedding...it literally kept me awake at night.

Listen, just remember, you do NOT have to do what everyone else does for your wedding. In fact, sometimes people find if they don't, it kind of makes more of an impression on people than if you did. Make sense?

Should have seen my mother's face when I brought home a $30 thrift store dress.....people told me I looked like an angel...and no one had a clue it didn't cost thousands....

Do what makes YOU happy babe!

Natasha Beccaria said...

Luna - We are! I was very proud of us really keeping the costs low - with the exception of the photographer (hey...its my field...I'm picky). But I think youre right. Rob and I went to a wedding in October or NOvember (it was one of the groomsmen's wedding) and instead of gifts they made a contribution to a couple of charities. And instead of expensive centerpieces they had a big bowl with gourds and small pumpkins. It was great.

We are following in that path. We just created the $13 centerpiece! LOL. I'll post pictures.

MamaCole said...

Hey Natasha - you sound great - upbeat as usual. I like reading your blog, though I don't always post. Will try to do it more now.

Um, are we required to use cursewords in our posts now? Is this a requirement??

Natasha Beccaria said...

no dammit... you dont need f'ing curse on my f'ing blog... lol. just kidding.