Saturday, January 26, 2008

Girl Talk


So i was in CVS the other day in the "feminine" aisle, buying...well you know... "feminine things" and I came across something rather unusual and quite annoying. Before me stood a shelf of assorted feminine items and right next to it a glass case - locked.

What, might you ask, would be locked in the feminine aisle???

Monistat.

Yup!

So let me see if I can get this straight. When i feel the burning and itch sensations coming on, I now have to ask the 16 year old boy behind the counter (whom by the way is just trying to earn enough money after school to save up for a car - poor innocent guy) to open the glass case and tell him exactly which "feminine product" I want.

I can only pray - for his sake - that he has NO clue what is actually taking place. For i fear he may never want to adventure south of the belt if he had any comprehension of what it was for!

8 comments:

Damon Peter Rallis said...

Wait, wait, wait?

WTF?

WHY would they lock that up... can you get high off it or something? Do you need parental permission to treat the itchies?

I'm going to circulate a petition.

Natasha Beccaria said...

EXACTLY!

arent you glad youre a man?

Damon Peter Rallis said...

sometimes...

i'm more glad, though, that I haven't had a case of the itchies... not in recent memory, at least.

;)

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

OMG. I can't imagine. If I ever needed that, I would go to another store or wear a disguise. I still get embarrassed buying monthly feminine products, especially when it is a teenage boy ringing me up. And I have had 2 kids, you would think I would be over that by now.

I think this is why they make dark sunglasses, wigs, hats, and makeup. :-)

Luna said...

Hmmm...razor blades, spray paint, cigarettes, condoms (sometimes), sudafed, and ...

MONISTAT??????

What's the world coming to.

j-m said...

I must be missing something. First cold remedies, then canned air, now this...I don't see the point to this one.

Anonymous said...

What's Monistat? lol J/K
Good to hear you're getting things taken care of. HA!

Anonymous said...

You've got to be kidding me.

If it's behind a case, that means that store has a problem with anti-fungals being shoplifted.

That's so wrong, on so many levels.