Thursday, January 31, 2008

Collectors Items


As you may or may not know, Rob and I live in his late Grandfather's house, so as you can imagine there's a lot of "stuff" hidden in the strangest places. Rob's Grandparents (Bob and Gladys) never threw anything away - which in some instances is not such a bad thing.

We found some wonderful treasures packed away upstairs in the storage area - like these books. Some of them date back to the late 1800s. We thought about selling them on Craigs List or something - like all the other stuff we're getting rid of - but after compiling them all together we saw we had a great collect. So now our built-in library in the hallway holds classics like Treasure Island and Christopher Columbus and Mark Twain.

It really does add character.

9 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Really old, cool stuff adds so much character to a home. Some people pay a lot of money to duplicate that warm, lived in look that you have in your hall with your antique book collection. Some of the best things in my home are from our grandparents.

Nan Patience said...

Coool!

Once, me and my sister and brother wandered far from home and came upon just such a house--it was in Mattituck on Sound Avenue. The house had been abandoned. Oh the stuff we found!!

Got any armoires you don't need?

Natasha Beccaria said...

we sold a whole bedroom set a few weeks ago... but other than that.. no.

We do have a few cool things... I'll email you the craigslist link to all my stuff.

Anyone else?

Damon Peter Rallis said...

AWESOME!

I love that stuff.

I would like a link please... You have my email!

May I pay with cheque?

LOL

Natasha Beccaria said...

NO CHECK FOR YOU! lol.

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Can you email it to me too?

j-m said...

Oh, yeah. I love this stuff! I've always wanted to live in an old house like that. (We live in an old "cottage", so that doesn't really count...)I mean a real old house with a second floor and great banisters and bookcases to the ceiling and everything. When I was a kid I used to imagine all the great hiding places there'd be. sigh

Anonymous said...

me too, me too ;o)

Natasha Beccaria said...

kk