Thursday, December 06, 2007

I get to do cool stuff!

In my work i get to do the coolest things!

This week I spent four days in Niagara Falls and I swore, since our hotel was only a 1/4 mile away, I would hike to see it at night no matter what! On our way to the hotel we could see the mist rising up from the Falls at least a mile or two away. It was inspiring! So I brought my gloves, hat, scarf, and winter coat to bundle up and this is what i saw. I had never seen the falls at night, all lit up. It was gorgeous! Breathtaking. Humbling.



The other part of my job is meeting great people. I've had the privilege of meeting both President Bill Clinton and Senator Hillary Clinton. I've met Eliot Spitzer - our current Governor - before he was Governor. I met Pete Seger two summers ago...even bought him an ice cream. But probably one of the most unique experiences was meeting Doug Wheelock. Doug is one of the astronauts who just returned from space about 4 weeks ago. He and his team made an emergency repair on the international space station. Doug spoke to our group on the importance of teamwork. Very inspiring! What a privilege. PS. the woman to the left is a woman who knows how to grow GREAT sweet corn!

No comments: