Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Life does not stop

Though life does not stop
For me or for you
In my head I’ve been gone
Trapped in solitude

Ten years have passed
And suddenly I wake
Looking back down that road
Many mistakes I have made

Some were my fault
Others...not so much
But what counts is my life
Brand new and retouched

Though I have learned
many lessons in life
By far the most valued
Is how to be a better wife

I’m now seeing clearer
And before me lies gold
But one look in the mirror
And suddenly I’m old

For though my mind
Was on hold all those years
The world kept moving
And suddenly I was in arrears

A few more wrinkles
And tired eyes will show
that life does not stop
Even if you desire it so

But my appreciation for time
Has grown and grown
I will never again
Take for granted this milestone

4 comments:

Nan Patience said...

You're right, life doesn't stop. It's an interesting way to describe that long period in your life when things seemed to.

Angela said...

ditto

Natasha Beccaria said...

This was inspired by one of our new bloggers Nancy. As I was reading his blog from the other day, i felt it bubbling inside me.

God i've come to love that feeling... the creative juices flowing!

Anonymous said...

That about sums it up. Glad to have been of inspiration!