Wednesday, October 03, 2007

random thoughts about how small the world really is

hmm... my fence pictures arent working. I will have to look into that.

Anyway, yesterday I made a somewhat large financial decision. Not a major one, but i did spend quite a bit of money. I invested in a new lens for my camera. I have been unhappy with the outcomes of photographs with my current set of "come-with-the-camera" lens and I thought it might be an important step forward for me to invest in good equipment if I truly wanted to move forward with this endeavor.

Anyway... It was pretty neat. I ordered it yesterday at 4pm, online, with next day shipping, so i could have a go with it tonight in my photography class. I was able to track the status of my package online. It was packaged and ready to be shipped by 9pm.
The carrier (whom will remain annonymous because they pissed me off a little this morning) picked up my package from the supplier in Kentucky at midnight. It was in Jamaica by 4am and then trucked to Farmingville, one of the larger hubs in Suffolk County for this particular carrier. I called and put a hold on my package not to go out for delivery. I wanted to pick up the lens in Farmingville on the way to work.
This was NO EASY TASK and ended with me raising my voice to one of the agents. Not the first time this has happened either.

Well.. by 9:45am I had my package in my hand.

I am astonished at how fast things can move around the country. Fifteen hours after i placed my order online, my most prized posession was in my hands and placed on my camera.

1 comment:

j-m said...

Happy photographing! Use it in good health.