Sunday, October 07, 2007

The last 24 hours


What a weekend so far. We spent the whole day visiting people, talking on the phone, planning etc. We went out east, on the North Fork, to visit a very dear friend/colleague and then we headed to the beach so that Rob could do his photography homework. Assignment: Portraits! So guess who was his subject? Here's one of the shots he took of me.

Then we decided it was time for dinner. We were dressed for a decent restaurant, so I thought it would be nice to try A Touch of Venice, that Italian restaurant in Mattituck. I had never been there but always heard so many good things about them. We sat outside on the veranda, overlooking the water and sipped our wine, holding hands, as the sun set in front of us. It was a PERFECT night. I probably could have used a sweater, but the red wine helped keep me comfy. The food was amazing.

The Ring
It's GORGEOUS and SUPER sparkly. The clarity of the big stone is amazing. But this ring is not just some store bought ring. This ring has SIGNIFICANT meaning! Rob had a custom setting made to fit all the stones from several of his grandmother's rings (engagement rings and other stuff). We're not sure how many karats it is, but we are guessing about 1 and a 1/2 total. It's getting appraised next week. I can't stop looking at it!! There's a matching wedding band too, which I got to see yesterday and try on. Sorry for the sort of blurry picture. We plan on taking a better one soon.


Wedding Plans

Sooooo Rob and I thought it would be nice to have the wedding at the Yacht Club (in the town where we live for those of you who know where that is -i'd rather not say). Rob's a member there and we really loved the idea of getting married near the water. We were thinking... about a 100 people, buffet, DJ, and the having the actual ceremony on the beach, barefoot (if the weather cooperates).

The Club only books private parties before Memorial Day and After September. So after hemming and hawing on the fact that ALL of next October was completely booked... we decided to go with MAY! HA HA HA!

Yes, 7 months from now I am getting married. Am I freaking out? Not really.. maybe a little... mostly about getting a decent photographer and getting my dress on time! I have a few ideas in mind for my dress. It seems that strapless is in these days! HUH? I dont think so. I wanted something simple, just satin, white, little or no frills, lace etc. V-neck, short sleeves. Something like this.

I'm more excited than I thought I would be. I always thought i would just elope , get married somewhere in the carribean or something. But being that Rob has never been married, we wanted to do something here. I dont think Rob realized how crazy women get with weddings though! 24 hours into our engagement I was already driving him crazy. HAHA HAHA! Poor guy. I'll have to save my flighting ideas for the "girl talk", until we can narrow down some solid options that we think all can live with. The wedding planning is fun for me by i tend to obsess about event planning. I like to get things done - Bing bang boom - So i dont have to think about it anymore. Ya know?



Overall I'm just excited about spending the rest of my life with the man I love. We have been together for almost a year. Hit it off instantly! Dated for 4 months. I moved in 6 months ago and since then, we have spent every possible moment together. And somewhere, sometime this summer, by some chance, I fell in love with my best friend. And he fell in love with me.

1 comment:

j-m said...

I am so happy for you.

Happy planning! Happy everything! I love the idea of the ring from his grandmother's! Sooo much better than just store-bought.

Yeah...