Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunflowers & Pumpkins (not just for carving)

I love harvest season. Especially when it brings the most beautiful sunflowers! Couldn't pass them up at the local farmstand by me. They were so big and bright. I am planning to grow my own sunflowers next year on the side of the house. Can't wait!


We also just baked a cheese pumpkin, one of our ingredients (ok the main ingredient) in Apple Pumpkin Soup. We'll let you know how it turns out and share the recipe if it's a winner.


OH, and we put up a fence today in our backyard. Started at 8am and finished at 1pm. I'm exhausted, but happy, because we've had the two dogs visiting for the last week and they have been quite non-compliant about going into the front yard and into the street. Its a quiet road, but still....bad habits are bad habits. We dont want them getting hurt.

1 comment:

Luna said...

I like the sunflower picture. They are one of my favorite flowers-I have tried, several times in the past to grow them, and the most dreadful thing would happen-the stalk would grow super tall, and they would be JUST about to bloom-I'd go to see them and admire the expectant bud.

And the next morning, they'd be eaten off. Squirrels. SO disappointing that I don't even try anymore.

I'll just go buy them now.

Tulips are my actual favorite, and luckily, I have no trouble growing them :)