Friday, February 20, 2009

The Grand Finale

Well, it looks like the grand finale of this 9 month fiasco is going to planned out (pending i last the weekend). The doctor scheduled me for induction on Tuesday evening with a projected birth of Wednesday. We're looking forward to the big day and will probably spend the weekend cleaning and preparing for our little one's arrival.

At the appt today, the sonogram estimated baby's weight at 8lbs 6oz. His head is nearly 10cm. Is anyone cringing yet? I am! my blood pressure is with in range but they are still keeping me under close watch. All the tests i have taken in the last few weeks have shown no signs of stress for me or the baby. All great news.

Im fortunate in that Rob will be home with me for 2 weeks, not including hospital time. It will be a wonderful asset to have him around. He's going to be a wonderful daddy. He's proven himself worthy in the way he has provided for his family on a daily basis in the last months.

Rob's parents have been in South Carolina for the last two weeks and their arrival home will be timed perfectly on Sunday afternoon. My parents are still in florida, but my mom will arrive home just in time on Wednesday to shoot home and then head to the hospital to visit. My dad will be following a couple of days later I assume.

We are super excited that we finally have an end to this stage and moving into the next one with open arms and much anticipation. We look forward to meeting this little one who has slowly and surely tortured me over the last several months.

I still feel like this is all a dream. someone pinch me please.

1 comment:

j-m said...

It's wonderful he has the time off. You're going to really be happy for that.
I wish you all the best! Happy end-of-your pregnancy!