Wednesday, May 23, 2007

is it starting already?


Denise Civiletti's blog about "silly season" really did a number on me. Is it that time already? Like most sports in America ... silly season seem to be extending into no-mans land. These are the times when I treasure my satelite radio (Go Sirius!) and my lack of interest in television for anything other than background noise is really paying off.

I used to hate politics with a passion but my current profession drew me in and exposed me to the grunt work. I see the need but my patience and attention span is short. 'Years', you say, 'before any changes will be made?' Oy! I do see some good in it though, believe it or not. Holding a position in government is a thankless job and one that i will probably never take on in my professional career. But it does make some sense these days as i wander in to my early 30s.

However, the political battles... cat fights... back stabbing...he did this...she did that... are not my thing AT ALL. I don’t care who you are or what you stand for, if you get on your little soap box and start screaming how bad the other candidate is... you're NOT getting my vote! No ifs, ands or buts... I truly believe a good portion of this country is pretty darn fed up with name-calling.

So who do I vote for? How the hell do i know? These days it's so hard to keep track of who's running for what office and what they think is important. And ultimately, how do we know these candidates will actually fight the agenda they propose to the people?

Ugh...

4 comments:

Luna said...

I'm pretty darn fed up with not having a any candidates that truly represent me...that's what I'm fed up with.

My view? They are all the same person....which is why they need to bash one another to get an edge.

Yawn.Not excited for this presidential race...at all. Whole bunch of wishy washers so far.

Natasha Beccaria said...

My grandfather could have been a politician... he talks the talk!

They're all sales people in my mind... selling their sole for a little-bit-o' spotlight!

Nan Patience said...

now that WOULD be good, if one of these politicos would sell sole instead of soul! that would give a definite edge.

Natasha Beccaria said...

woops! LOL