Monday, November 17, 2008

The ultimate vacation...unless your pregnant!

The world isn’t coming to an end. The election is done. My life isn't in shambles. And even the pregnancy, as much pain as I am in, is tolerable. I see an end in sight which is comforting. But what i am a little disappointed in is the fact that I am leaving for vacation this weekend. No, not about the vacation itself, but more of the fact that my activities are limited.

For one, I’m going to Florida, where there will be swimming and pool lounging throughout the week. (Ahhhh sunshine!!!)I'm hoping the bathing suit I bought earlier this summer (slightly bigger than necessary) will fit me. I only bought it earlier because i needed a new one desparately before i went to Tampa with my mom for a weekend. Certain areas on my body have "ballooned" into maddness...both upper and lower areas. I'll probably be busting out on top and hoping my lower half only FEELS bigger from the front (and not the back). But that aside, I wont be able to do one of my favorite all time things: hot-tubbing!! Apparently it's bad for the baby to wade in scolding hot water until you pass out. Go figure! :)

Second, Rob and I are heading to Disney for two days on our own (the rest of my family will be in Tampa) and there will be certain rides I will have to forego. Rides i love to go on... like Mission Space or the Rockin' Roller Coaster. Rides that i would love to share with my new husband since we haven’t been to Disney together yet. But I’ll probably end up waiting online with him and slipping through the “I’m too scared (or pregnant in my case)” door to meet him on the other side. He’s actually been supportive of this and has offered that we stick to MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom this year where there are more “pregnant speed” rides and shows that we can both enjoy. Of course the next time we head back, We'll have a 1 1/2 year old to contend with, but "doing disney" through the eyes of a child is SOOO much fun!

In addition to that, my ability to walk for more than an hour has deteriorated to just about NADA! My feet swell. My hands swell. And my back…oh my back…. Some nights I get out of bed to take one of my many trips to the bathroom and I can barely stand on one leg my back hurts so much. Not cool. Trust me. So, I’ll end up looking like some fat chick who has never done a day of exercise in her life who relies on a wheel chair to get her around because she’s too lazy to walk. LOVELY! I was thinking about making up some T-shirts that say “1.5 humans on board this motorized vehicle”. It’s all in fun and somewhat amusing .... but it's not, if you know what I mean.

Se La Vie!

Happy Turkey day to all incase I don’t talk to you!

8 comments:

Elephant Steps said...

Have a good trip. I haven't been to Orlando in years, but as you know there is still tons to do even pregnant. I am jealous. But I am also a huge Disney fan...I live 10 mins from the original and go A LOT. Maybe if your feet don't hold up you can get a wheel chair, and then have easy and quicker access to stuff for you and your family!!

Natasha Beccaria said...

Thanks! We probably will do a wheelchair or something. No point in suffering...its just weird! LOL

Natasha Beccaria said...

By the way.... i love the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland!

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

oooohhh, can I come! I NEED a vacation. Enjoy it!

BTW, the bathing suit thing, I wouldn't worry about. I wore my original pre-prego one when I was 8 months along and all I did was stretch it out, but it covered all the parts appropriately. Bathing suits are good like that!!

Make sure you drinks lots of water and bring your Purell!

Have Fun!!!!!!!!

Elephant Steps said...

I love indy too. I can't ride that for awhile. :( You know even if you can walk around, the wheel chair thing gets you and I think 3 other people to the front of the line on quite a few rides!! I know on the Haunted Mansion you actually get to ride through a hidden part (the part right after they ask you to step off) because it has to take you back to your wheel chair. I got to do that once, and it was kind of neat. Hahaha.

Natasha Beccaria said...

Anon.....of course you can come but you'd probably get tired of tagging along with me in Disney... im so slow these days even my husband walks ahead of me LOL.

Elephant - i dont care about waiting on lines. We will be there during a quiet couple of days. And i want to walk a little bit. HOWEVER it will come in handy when we are looking for good seats to watch the EPCOT show over the lagoon. Im psyched about that!

Nan Patience said...

Have fun and take care of yourself and that little baby!

Natasha Beccaria said...

Nan - slow and relaxed is my middle name these days. I put my feet up at every opportunity (even in the stores LOL). We're only spending two days in Disney and the rest in Tampa...poolside... in the shade with lemonade and family!