Monday, June 23, 2008

to be or not to be

I was so busy last week, I had no time to sit and write, although my heart desired it so. I'm still taking Grandma for 1 afternoon a week and last week was particularly difficult. She was in rare form, asking the same question over and over again.

How did i get here? (my house)

I brought you grandma.

Oh ok. Grandpa knows im here?

Yes. I spoke with him.

Well, what is he doing?

He's taking a nap. He doesnt feel well. (Grandpa has cancer).

Oh ok. And how am i getting home?

I'm going to take you to Lilly's (my aunt) for dinner and Grandpa will be there waiting for you.

Oh ok... what time?

...........

This was an on-going cycle we took every 5 minutes for about 5 hours. I couldn't get her to sit still for anything so after making cupcakes, bread, sweeping the whole downstairs (including the porch), folding 3 loads of laundry, and making a marinade for the chicken i was cooking later..... I finally gave up and let her putz around the house while I sat for a few minutes. I couldn't keep up with her.

My dad came to my rescue. He showed up just as she was settling on the couch watching "A Baby Story" on TV with me. We were enjoying the videos of small babies popping up on the screen.

Rob and I have been trying for about 3 months now with the help of some really awesome medications from the doctor. We've been patient and we know this sort of thing takes time. And despite her her ability to retain anything anyone says these days, I still enjoy engaging her in my hopes and dreams; one of them being my desire to have a child.


Grandma, Im trying to ger pregnant.

Really? How old are you?

Im 32.

Oh you're too old to have babies now.
(coming from a woman who had 4 kids before she was 30).

I knew that was coming actually, but it's always funny to hear her say it and see the expressions on her face.

That was Thursday at around 4:30pm.


.................


What i didnt know was that 10 hours later my life would change forever. I woke around 2:30am, as I do most nights, to go to the bathroom. It's pretty par for me. I decided to take a pregnancy test. I was due on Monday and I told myself I would wait til Friday morning to test. I thought this day would never arrive. I had waves nausea all week. And the heartburn...omg. But I convinced myself it was all in my head and I knew that the medication made my PMS worse than had been in the past, including feeling sick to my stomach.

I wasn't pregnant... i couldnt be....

or so I thought.

I sat there (on the toilet) staring at the little white stick in my hand, when all of a sudden two lines began to show. I blinked.

Was I dreaming? Was I seeing things?

UM HOLY @#$%#@$!!!

GUESS WHAT??????????????

7 comments:

Luna said...

THAT is awesome Natasha, congratulations!!!!! Make sure you get a Dr appt for a blood test, but those pee sticks nowadays are pretty much spot on. It would be more likely to be wrong in the opposite-telling you you weren't, when in fact, you are..

:):):):)

Natasha Beccaria said...

Luna! Thanks we are SUPER excited. We didnt think it would happen so soon.

I actually had an appointment scheduled for this coming wednesday for a clomid check. When i called to cancel and reschedule a "pregnancy" test, she said a blood test wasnt necessary...that the home tests are very accurate. Yeah I dont think its wrong either. I took another test yesterday and that line was stronger than Friday. And Im having symptoms.

I have a sonogram scheduled for July 15th.

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Congrats!!! I am so very happy for you!

No blood test or dr appointment? They always did a blood test with me to check the hormone levels and to do an exam, hmmm. They are ALWAYS changing things, like when you get sono's and other tests.

July 15 is my son's birthday! So when would you be due? February?

Natasha Beccaria said...

Yeah its weird. My girlfriend didnt go for her first sonogram until 12 weeks. But whatever. I think every doctor does things differently.

I would hate to change doctors, but i may just have to since my current obgyn is in Riverhead and their home hospital is all the way in Southampton. That's a far drive from where i currently live. It's still up in the air, after all they are the ones who got me pregnant, so to speak! lol.

I think i'll be due the first week in March.

Now why is it that youre considered 4 weeks pregnant, when in fact I concieved in the middle of the cycle (only 2-3 weeks ago)?? Anyone know the reasoning behind that? ive been trying to research it.

Nan Patience said...

OMG! I'm so happy for your news. See, that was pretty quick, wasn't it.

As for how far along you are, two weeks versus four, I found that in the land of maternity, nothing adds up and nothing is as you expect, so there's another good sign that you're definitely pregnant.

As for grandma and grandpa, sounds like difficult times.

Natasha Beccaria said...

THanks Nan! Im still in shock.

I finally did find something about it and they count from the first day of your last period as the beginning of the pregnancy because its so hard to pin point when fertilization occurred.

Poor Grandma...she's just so gone. i can say that when I told Grandpa about me being pregnant he screamed for joy. He's been so depressed lately so I hope this lifts his spirits and gives him a reason to plug forward.

j-m said...

Congratulations!!! Wow, just back from the wedding and the baby's on the way already! See, sometimes all things line up in the right time. I hope it's a really easy pregnancy. Happy baby preparing!