Monday, June 30, 2008

Her (or Him if you really want to be fair)


As i began to write my a new blog post, i realized all i was doing was bitching and moaning about all the symptoms I have been having over the last week or so and how they are gradually getting worse.

UGH...

After considering this for a while, I realized there was something much more interesting to talk about.

My baby and the miracle of life.

I have been following the overall development of my child and it is just so amazing.

How does a bunch of cells know to develop into a complex human being....

How does it know to form a heart or eyes or ears...or fingernails...

Here I am at my 5th week and my baby is merely the size of a seasame seed and already she (cause yes - its a girl!! I swear it!) has a two chamber heart and a tube that will later form the spinal cord. By the time I go for my ultrasound in two weeks, Little Baby will have a heart beat.

If I am really blessed there will be more than one heart beat (and I mean that half sarcastically). Though, even with the medication i was taking, it is somewhat rare for twins.

I am so thankful for this blessing we have been given.

4 comments:

Nan Patience said...

That's an awesome picture, speaking of which, I think we parents often do miss the big picture. Nice that you're trying to keep it in mind.

meliss said...

Yep!! Isn't it a true miracle. I just don't understand how someone can't believe in God after seeing the miracle of growing a new life. It is truly amazing. I try not to complain about the aches and pains (thankfully I'm past the morning sickness) and just feel blessed that a new life is going to be coming into this world.

Keep growing baby!! My new baby needs another cousin!! :)

Natasha Beccaria said...

Im still in shock. I cant wait to go to the doctor in two weeks!

j-m said...

Oh, enjoy this time, and take lots of pictures! It goes so fast, and then the baby's here and you can't think about anything except the endless cycle of feed/burp/change/feed/burp/change...
occasionally grab a shower or a nap for yourself...feed/burp/change...