Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Music and Emotions

Have you ever noticed how music can inspire you and enhance emotions buried deep inside? I actually use it to my advantage at times. When i want to be creative and write something inspiring, I listen to classical music. It helps me expand my mind, somehow. If I want to write a heartfelt letter or express my emotions, I listen to country music. If I want to get really deep inside and bring out my most inner feelings, I listen to something like James Taylor or Paul Simon. For some reason they have this amazing ability to express themselves so perfectly.

Tonight, as I write a heart-felt letter to a friend, I am listening to the country station on AOL Radio. Of course right now they arent really playing the most inspiring song. Oh well.

1 comment:

TM said...

Yep - scent and music share the ability to bring you back to a time and place so clearly and feel that emotion. I've never noticed how different kinds of music can inspire different kinds of creativity. Hmmm...I'll have to give it a try!